Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Marmite (Daily Photo 7.9.11)

Like it? 
There's an aisle in my local Stop & Shop with about a 4-foot-wide section of shelf space dedicated to UK items. Contained here are things I either remember from my brief trip to London several years ago, or I've heard mentioned on the many UK-centric podcasts I listen to or TV shows I've seen. Heinz Baked Beans. HP Sauce. PG Tips. Mars bars and Smarties. Hob Nobs. McVitie's Digestives. Salad cream. Spotted Dick. And, of course, Marmite. I've heard legends told of Marmite -- of the love it/hate it relationship people have with it. I'm curious. If you've had experience with Marmite, please advise: Should I spend the $6.79?

2 comments:

Zen Runner said...

Skip the Marmite entirely and hold out for the one and only original yeast spread - Vegemite. Trust me bro.

Donna said...

Don't buy any. I fly a lot for my job and the BA lounge has individual packs. Just email me your postal address, I'll send you some. That way you can judge for yourself before spending the money!

Related Posts with Thumbnails