Monday, June 27, 2011

17 years (Daily Photo 6.23.11)

Like it? 

This is the 17th anniversary of my first date with Nik. We've been together uninterrupted since then. I remember we saw Wolf, an extremely shitty and forgotten werewolf movie starring Jack Nicholson. The less said about that the better. In those first few months and years back in the mid-'90s, I used to buy Nik a rose every month-anniversary, so that in the first month she'd get one, the second she'd get two, the seventh month seven, and so on in that fashion until I gave her 12 roses on our first anniversary. I did that for a couple of years until she asked very nicely that I stop because she was constantly chucking out dead roses, and also I secretly suspect she thought it was borderline nuts. For this year, I just got her one nice tasteful bouquet -- no going overboard with it.

1 comment:

funderson said...

lovely! congrats!

Related Posts with Thumbnails