Thursday, February 17, 2011

Books (Daily Photo 2.15.11)

Like it? 

We have bookshelves in almost every room of the house and literally hundreds of books everywhere. But still, we don't have everything we need. So Nik & I went to a bookstore to do some research and look at a style guide I wanted to buy. We ended up buying nothing, but instead mooched off the free WiFi to add several titles to our Audible.com list.  This same day, Borders filed for bankruptcy and closed 200 stores. You tell me if that shit's a coincidence or what.


On the way back home, we drove past a landmark in both our lives: a massive handmade standup of a bare-chested Viking holding a sword and shield and wearing a wing├Ęd helm that resides outside this home on Route 6 in Dartmouth. It's been there for as long as both of us can remember, through wind, rain, snow. It's got to have been there for more than decade, easily.  It's fantastic and reminds me, probably because of the long blond mustache, of Hulk Hogan. You can see from the height that it's got to be at least 10 feet tall. I have no idea who made it or why, and I've never actually seen it up close -- although I'd love to. The Google Street View car couldn't get much closer than I ever could.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails