Monday, June 14, 2010

Various semi-domesticated animals in their natural habitats (Daily Photo 6.13.10)

Like it? 

Nik and I took the dogs for a 6-mile run out to a relatively remote neighborhood where the intrepid wanderer can see cows — actual full-size bovines maintaining a quiet dignified life within the limits of this city of 92,000 people, many of them (the people) packed sardinishly in tenements, 4 or 5 to a bedroom, babies sleeping in dresser drawers and all that. Or so I've heard. Downtown there's no green and there's scag and hookers and people knifing each other over cockeyed glances in the bars and old people with oxygen tanks jockeying for the best bench spot under the lamppost, and yet a couple of miles away (less than 5 surely) you have these massive creatures grazing all day, puttering about without much purpose, and sitting on their fat asses. It's not so different, really, when you think about it.


Myrna took a lesson from the cows and sacked out on the couch, rolling on her back, pushing my computer off my lap, and demonstrating how her underbite hangs. We'd get her braces for that, but there's no room in the budget for orthodontic appliances at the moment.


Stanley jumped half on top of Myrna's stomach and half on my lap to smell my breath. I don't know what charge he gets out of it, but it pleases him anyway.

1 comment:

OasisDouglas said...

Myrna sleeps somewhat similar to my dog: Cache
Proof:
http://gallery.me.com/pariseau?view=grid#100014/photo1224544130502

Related Posts with Thumbnails