Sunday, June 06, 2010

Me taking a picture of Nik taking a picture of a painting she painted of me

Like it? 

Thinking about it now, I'm almost sorry I didn't set up a third camera to take a picture of me taking the picture of Nik taking a picture of the painting she painted of me, but am somewhat relieved as that could've caused a dangerous rift in time and space. In the portrait, I like to think my figure is taking a mental picture of Nik taking a picture of the painting she painted of me and of I, the real me, taking a picture of her taking the picture of a painting which I, the painting me, inhabit and the painting of me (painting-me) itself.

Anyway, the painting in question is below. It matches a self-portrait Nik created earlier this year.

3 comments:

Matt said...

That is a great picture, Dan! Though your expression has a whiff of the "What you talkin' about?" about it, and Stanley looks like he wants food or a walk. Nothing new there, then. ;)

Love your artwork, Nik. :D

funderson said...

Nik is just amazing...

Dena said...

Love the painting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails