Monday, June 21, 2010

Bristol & barbecue (Daily Photo 6.19.10)

Like it? 

Nik, the dogs, and I went for a walk in one of the happiest places on earth, Bristol, R.I. It's right by the water, got a beautiful bike path, historic homes, a center stripe down the street painted in red, white, and blue. It's so quaint and New Englandy it gets stuck in your teeth.


But what a view.


A day in quaint New Englandyness makes one hanker for barbecue. I just found out the other day during an aborted barbecue session that my propane grill is half-busted, specifically the right half. I've never been entirely happy with it anyway, and the other day we saw Home Depot was having a sale on charcoal grills -- I could pick one up for what I had in my wallet. Ever since I've had a house I wanted to have a charcoal grill. So we swung by and picked one up, and it's been pleasantly smoking away ever since.

Not the whole time. We did cool it down after we were done cooking.

2 comments:

funderson said...

Thanks for sharing the New Englandyness..

park said...

You work is very good on the Bbq Bristol. I have recently realized and think that your blog is very informative and knowledgeable, your theme was amazing, thanks buddy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails