Friday, May 07, 2010

Nik runs the first ever Fall River Solo Marathon (Daily Photo 5.7.10)

Like it? 
Due to a horrible allergic reaction, Nik was unable to run the New Jersey Marathon this past weekend. So she took it upon herself this week to run 26.2 miles all on her own, all within Fall River. She woke up at 5 a.m., put on her Brooks ID program sponsorship gear, filled a water bottle, and left. She took the run in three stages, pausing back at home each time to refill her bottle and then head back out.

I'll have more to write about this a little later (I'm fighting a cold at the moment, so I'm not too coherent), and I'll even throw together a little video -- but suffice it to say she had a great time, finished strong, and put her marathon training to good use. I let her use my New Jersey half-marathon medal -- she deserved it and more.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails