Friday, January 29, 2010

Daily Photo 1.29.10

Like it? 
This afternoon we visited Nik's Gramma. She was mostly in a positive mood for much of the time while we were there. At one point she asked me if President Obama was good or evil. I said he was good, but she seemed unconvinced. Gramma said there were people on the radio saying stuff about him, "almost swearing." She told us about her day, about having French toast for breakfast with her home health care worker, Lois, whom she clearly loves like a daughter. Gramma is easier for both of us to reach when she's had positive experiences to share.

Later, she asked me about running (Nik and I were wearing running gear) and wondered aloud if you're supposed to lose weight doing it. "People can," I said. She looked dubiously in my direction. As we were about to leave, we said we couldn't visit Monday because we'd be out with some friends. She said, "You have friends?" "Yeah, of course," I said. "Lots of friends." She shrugged. "I didn't think you had friends," she said, and started to talk about life in the 1940s.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails